Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Week 9 Thing 21

Discovering Podcasts was very useful. If I had more time I would like to create one--perhaps in the future:) I looked at some of the other library sites and how they use podcasts and thought that it would be really helpful to use them for a Spanish storytime or for instruction of another language. If for some reason there is not someone available in the branch that does not speak that particular language then it would be available to the patron. One library had a link to 'Gabcast' which I thought would be very useful. It was possible to use your cell phone to post audio to your blog and to record podcasts, etc. using your cell and doing other interesting things as well. I think out of all of the podcast directories I like Yahoo Podcasts the best. I like the way their site is user-friendly and visually appealing. I could easily search and find what I was looking for. They had a link specifically for education and I found a site called Childrensbook radio that discusses children's books. The creator of the podcast has a wonderful voice which is very easy to listen to, as well as, children of her own so she is speaking from experience. Here is the link Web Site: http://childrensbookradio.com RSS: http://www.webpasties.com/podcast-5006-8...
Podcasts were easier to use to glean information than in a video format and they can be very useful, much easier to produce and view.

No comments: