Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Week 9 Thing 22

For this discovery exercise I was unable to access NetLibrary, but was able to take a look at Overdrive. Surprisingly, I did not need to set up an account. I went to the site and was able to look up titles for free and was also able to listen to several digital excerpts for free also. I Googled the site since I could not gain access through the library's website. I liked the way their site was set up and it was very easy to get to popular titles and authors. I really like the vampire series by Stephanie Meyer and they had a listing for the new book Twilight but not a digital excerpt for that one. In Overdrve they also had a link for devices where you could price different compatible phones and mp3's that would take you to the product site, tell you the in's and out's of downloading, etc. I found that very helpful for someone who is just starting out with a new device. I also tried Project Gutenberg which I didn't like quite as much, but found some classic titles available that students doing school reading might need in a hurry if they waited till the last minute, which could be useful!

No comments: